NATURE. CULTURE. WELLNESS.
Make Memories to last a lifetime
NEW NORMAL POLICY
Dear Valued Guests,
Warm smiles all the way from Furaveri Maldives!
As we live in the world of “New Normal” now, the following disclaimer is in accordance with the guidelines set forth by the Health Protection Agency (HPA) & Ministry of Tourism of the Republic of Maldives.
ON ARRIVAL VISA (FOR CHECK-IN POST COVID-19 NEW NORMAL)
- Booking confirmation by Travel Agent or an email Confirmation letter / from the Resort (compulsory)
- Passengers entering to Maldives are NO LONGER required to present a PCR negative test result upon arrival if the individual(s) have completed the prescribed dose(s) of a Covid-19 vaccine that is being approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) and at least 14 (fourteen) days have passed since. (Booster dose(s) are not required to be eligible for this exemption).
- A valid Passport
- Return flight tickets.
- Postal Address
- Emergency contact numbers and names of a relative or a friend
- Passport size photo (not compulsory)
- Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate, if applicable. Click here to check the Yellow Fever endemic
- You are required to fill out an online health declaration form within 24 hours prior your departure to Maldives. A health declaration card will be required as part of the on-arrival procedure. This online health declaration form must be filled out by travelers 24 hours prior your departure to Maldives.
- For Traveler Health Declaration form: https://imuga.immigration.gov.mv/ethd/create
UPON ARRIVAL / AT THE AIRPORT
- Temperature checks and screening measures will be carried out at the first entry point.
- There will be random COVID-19 tests done by the Health Protection Authority
- Special attention for tourists exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms including cough, runny nose, or shortness of breath.
- All COVID-19 related issues will be as per Maldives Health Protection Authority for tests, isolation, or special transfers if necessary, and the associated costs will be absorbed by the guests.
- Our Airport Representative will meet you on arrival gate and arrange a waiting area for the next flight to the resort.
- Upon arrival to resort, you will be received by the Island Hosts and will be escorted for a quick check in.
- Luggage will be disinfected and sent to the villa.
DURING YOUR STAY
- Please refer to TV channel for hotel information
- Based on occupancy and space available, the tables inside Jaafaiy, Amigos, Udhares and Raiyvilla (Restaurants & Bars) will be kept at a minimum distance of one meter or more, the waiters will wear face masks and gloves when necessary
- As a precautionary measure, therapists at Furaveri Spa would also be wearing masks and at times, PPE while giving treatments.
- As per the regulation and policy set by the Maldivian government, in the event of an unfortunate COVID-19 death in a resort, the body will be taken to Hulhumale’ (in Male’ City) for burial and there will be no cremation or embalming and the body cannot be taken back home.
During the stay, if symptoms of COVID19 are DEVELOPED AND tested positive.
- If found to be positive for COVID19 while at the resort, the guest will be accommodated at Furaveri Maldives, for minimum 7 days for quarantine. (Guest cannot go out of the room if found positive). Food will be provided by the resort, through In-Villa Dining.
- If a negative PCR test is required by the airline, and after 7 days of quarantine, if it is still found to be positive, guests might have to extend the quarantine period until the result is negative.
- Guests who are positive and stay in quarantine at the resort, a special in-house rate of USD180 per double room (Garden Villa) per night on Full board basis will be charged, children up to 11.99 years will be accommodated in the same room on a complimentary basis with full board meals (up to 2 children – 11.99 years). For extra adults USD75 per adult per night on full board basis will be charged. USD6 per person per night will be charged for green tax.
- For guests who wish to stay in other villa categories, a discounted in-house rate will be provided on request. Villas will be subject to availability.
- Guests will have to bear the charges of the medications provided by the in-house doctor if required.
- Guests will have to bear the expenses of special evacuation transfers if required.
- A letter will be sent to the room with invoice in the evening prior to departure.
- Check out takes place in the lobby with social distancing practiced
- Master / Visa / Union Pay Cards are accepted for payments, Cash payments are not recommended.
COVID-19 TESTING (FACILITATED BY RESORT)
- Sample will be taken by a trained medical officer at the Hotel.
- Samples will be tested at our very own PCR testing laboratory at Furaveri (The first PCR testing laboratory in a resort in the Northern region of Maldives)
- Results will be provided to the guests prior to departure from the resort.
- The cost per person for this option will be US$65 (NETT).
- The cost of the Express PCR test will be USD135 (NETT) per person
(PCR test to be taken 24hours prior to entry to the destination or 24hours prior to international departure from the Maldives)
- Payment will be charged to guests unless it is included in the booked package and needs to be settled prior to departure from the resort.
- Kindly note that the resort will not be taking responsibility where laboratories are unable to do tests for any reason, and for any other unforeseen circumstances related to COVID-19 testing as the laboratory is run by a third party.
Countries around the world have issued specific rules and regulations to limit the spread of COVID-19 and keep you protected when you travel. It is important that you read these guidelines before you travel and follow them at all times. Depending on where you are flying to or from, your test must be carried out either between 48, 72, or 96 hours ahead of your flight departure time.
We strongly advise you to check with your flight Operator / Travel Agent if you will need a COVID-19 test when you are returning home, regulations are based on your country’s requirements from the health authority, and if you are advised by your country’s health authority to do a PCR test, please reach out to our resort reception on your arrival day to notify and make arrangements to do the PCR test.
Kindly note that the testing procedures can change at any time depending on local authorities’ guidelines and instructions.
General Manager – Furaveri Maldives
Last Updated: 23/04/2022